The base and sub base of a permeable paver application are composed of different sized layers of aggregate that filter and direct storm water to the soil below or exit through pipes. Permeable pavers are used as a way to control storm water run off. A permeable paver system does this by collecting water between the pavers joints and, depending on the soil type, the water infiltrates back into the ground or is released to the nearest storm sewer or waterway.
Benefits of permeable pavers (PICP)
- Qualifies as Best Management Practice (BMP)
- Reduces stormwater runoff / Prevents flooding
- Designed to meet government requirements
- Allows for more impervious surface area
- Allows rainwater to recharge ground
- Filters stormwater before releasing
- Rainwater harvesting options
- Environmentally safe
Permeable pavers aka environmental, or eco pavers are becoming a huge part of the hardscape industry and government is only pushing them to grow. Here’s a permeable pavers driveway installation we installed in Spring Grove, PA.
Contact us for more information or to set up a free consultation.